Consumer Driven Healthcare
The consumers' demand for personalized health information will be the change agent that drives the emergence of P4 Medicine. Healthcare consumers today are activated, networked, and connected via social networking sites (i.e. PatientsLikeMe), websites (i.e. WebMD), and mobile devices (i.e. smart phones and fitbits). This consumer empowerment has changed both consumer expectations and how we must approach the healthcare of the future.
- Today, there are more than 10,000 medical/healthcare apps available
- 78% of consumers are interested in mobile health solutions
- 33% of consumers are willing to have their social media monitored to improve their health
- 59% of US adults have looked online for health information in the past year
- Consumers are willing to spend $14B on digital health products